west sixth farm 10k
saturday, november 3
West Sixth Farm
4495 Shadrick Ferry Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601
The West Sixth Farm opened in 2018. It is a beautiful, 120 acre span of Kentucky rolling hills that we are excited to run on for years to come. Join us on a technical trail run, with Kentucky craft beer and good times to follow.
Getting to the Farm (Driving Distances):
30 minutes from Lexington KY
1 hour from Louisville KY
1 hour 20 minutes from Cincinnati OH
2 hours from Dayton OH
2 hours 30 minutes from Bowling Green KY
2 hours 45 minutes from Indianapolis IN
3 hours from Knoxville TN
3 hours from Charleston WV
*WARNING: THIS IS AN INTERMEDIATE TO MORE ADVANCED TYPE COURSE
Approximately 6.2 miles of roughly 75% technical single-track trail and 25% double track trail. START ELEVATION 710 FT MAX ELEVATION 792 FT GAIN 949 FT.
The 10k will have 2 aid stations.
Aid stations will have normal aid station fare. This is water, coke, electrolytes, granola bars, gels, etc.
All registrations include race, race shirt, camping spot, bath house access, complementary shuttle, finishers award, ice cold West Sixth finishers beer, and post-race celebration at on site taproom!
Awards will be given to top 3 Male and Female
There is a 3-Hour time limit and cutoff for this race.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE - Saturday November 3rd, 2018
- 1:00pm | Still Waters Camp Site opens to the public
- 1:30pm - 2:45pm | Packet Pick Up at Still Waters Campground
- 1:45pm - 2:45pm | Shuttles to West Sixth Farm (Shuttles depart every 15 minutes)
- 2:00 - 3:00pm | West Sixth Farm Tour
- 3:15pm | Mandatory Race Announcement
- 3:30pm | RACE START TIME
- 5:30pm | Runners must be checked out of last aid station
- 6:30pm | Race Ends
- 6:45pm | Post Race Awards
- 7:00pm - 10:00pm | Shuttles back to campground (Shuttles depart every hour)
- 11:00pm-6:00am | Quiet Hours at Still Waters Campground
RACE DAY POLICIES
- All participants MUST use shuttle. Spectators are highly encouraged to use complimentary shuttle or carpool as much as possible. This is due to very limited parking at the West Sixth Farm property.
- This is a certified USATF event and all participants MUST sign a USATF waiver before event.
- All participants MUST be 21+
- This is a cup-free event. All participants MUST have a 12 ounce bottle or camel back to start race.
- Leave no trace. Removing wildflowers or anything from the property will result in disqualification from all future events.
- No pets are allowed on the race course.
- And it's 2018 so this should go unsaid, but please don't litter :-)
Proceeds from race go towards Kentucky Mountain Bike Association and trail maintenance for public use.
Can't run this year but still want to be involved with this event in some way??
Volunteer a few hours to help make this event run smooth and we will make sure it is worth your time!
BIG SHOUTOUT TO OUR IN-KIND DONORS! WITHOUT THEM THIS EVENT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE!